At some point, regardless of what’s your goal, you will have some trouble on the way. Life always gets on the way.
So what to do after a bit too long break from everything?
Bounce back stronger than ever!
So you can praise all you want the systems and habits and tricks and methods… but sometimes they just don’t work.
I mean, sure, you can weather some storms with the safety nets you build for yourself, but sometimes every one of us finds it difficult to stay on top of things.
And guess what?
It doesn’t matter.
It’s completely okay!
Here’s what you have to remember: You’ve got the potential to not just get back on track but to come back stronger!
First, think about why it’s so important to get back on track:
- Learning From Mistakes: When you lose track, it exposes your pitfalls and other systems that aren’t working. You know, stuff that must be thought more about in the futuer. As cliche as this is, this is the biggest benefit of losing track.
- Building Resilience: Bouncing back from a setback builds resilience. Another big buzzword! But I love it. It’s a bit like working out: The more times you go through all this, the easier it gets. At some point, after losing track, you will automatically pick yourself up and just start working again.
- Develop a Sense of Accomplishment: Falling behind IS discouraging. And it feels like you’ve done something wrong. But the power to change the story lies within YOU. Bouncing back restores your sense of accomplishment and gives you that precious momentum again.
And here’s my simple three-step plan to do all that – to bounce back!
- Step 1: Review – Understand and Accept – Examine what happened. Take the time to understand the reason instead of beating yourself up. Beating yourself does nothing. But acceptance holds the power to change!
- Step 2: Prioritize – Choose What Matters – Not everything is important. Identify your priorities. What do you have to do as the very first thing to claim those small wins that help you regain your momentum? Which tasks align best with your big goals? And act on those!
- Step 3: Act – Put Into Practice – Don’t just plan. Take action! Block time on your calendar and stick to it. Don’t forget to celebrate, and compare only to yourself.
As for me right now, I have all the parts written down in a little notebook. And next week, you’ll be seeing me a lot more online – because I’m busy bouncing back!
It’s no rocket science.
Then all you do is keep going, keep growing.
And you know the best part? You don’t have to do this immediately after you notice you quit on a dream.
Oh no, you can do this months after. Even years.
I’m sure, like 110% sure, you had some aspirations that you just…stopped working on.
Who knows why?
Who even cares?
If you quit once, it doesn’t you mean quit for good.
Do the steps above and start again! And again and again and again.
Work it until it works.
That’s the power of bouncing back!