HCI, Digital Health, Social Computing. Leader of the Crowd Computing research group at the Center for Ubiquitous Computing (under the GenZ profiling theme). I’m also with the Center for Life Course Health.
I run Kaizen Hour and I’ve got 15 years of experience in building & marketing shiny things online, for fun as well as for profit.
- A new grant! We are co-leading a new Academy of Finland Strategic Research Council project! Dubbed CRITICAL, this project will develop gamified means for teaching critical reading skills.
- I got a promotion: https://www.oulu.fi/genz/node/197516
- We won! A distinguished paper award, at IMWUT – the field’s top journal on ubiquitous computing: http://ubicomp.oulu.fi/distinguished-paper-award-ubicomp-2019/
- We’re HIRING: http://simohosio.com/digihealth (thanks to the news item below…)
- We won. Funding for 2020-2023 from Biocenter Oulu, to hire a team of 3 scientists for creating patient-centric digital health solutions: https://www.oulu.fi/biocenter/node/59351