Just in case you have been living under a rock, the world of digital creation in 2022 was dominated by Artificial Intelligence.
And that’s because the very same year was pretty much when AI became as smart as the average human tends to be:
I know, I know, you can’t measure it quite that simply. But love it or hate it, the new tools are pretty damn impressive!
In the creatorsphere AI tools have been around for a good while already. You can find plenty of creative help, done for you by well-trained Large Language Models at my favourite software marketplace AppSumo for pennies on the dollar.
Roughly speaking, there are two schools of thought here.
One group of people are the artisanal creators who prefer to have their exact fingerprint on everything. And then there are the ones who lean into the future.
I’m not here to say which one is better, I’m just here to say I’ll be leaning forward.
As an academic and somewhat tech-savvy creator, I find it important to stay up-to-date with the latest technologies and trends. This helps my productivity and provides good coffee table talk ideas for those rare moments when you see people anymore in the age of remote work…
And I can see AI as a marvellous tool for online creators in general. But it’s important to understand how to use it so that you don’t lose your personality while doing so.
What can we use it for?
I can easily imagine a future where AI designs, writes and deploys an entire Funnel for you. And it does that for a product it creates for you. It’ll also deploy the marketing materials and handle the media buying.
But I don’t see how that would ever yield similar satisfaction you get from learning a topic and then teaching it yourself.
Building, at its best, is certainly not just about $$$.
In the latter case, here’s a few ideas that you can already use AI tools for:
- Content creation: A well-trained AI helper can generate ideas and text structure for you, and you simply then edit the text to look and feel like…you!
- Image and video editing: Instagram filters are AI! Things like object removal, colour correction etc. are always a good idea with your images and video materials.
- Customer service: OK, I kind of dislike this one, but simple tasks can be outsourced to chatbots. They just kind of suck still. How many times have you had a successful interaction with a chatbot? Be honest now… But, you can!
- Data analysis: Data-driven decisions are a thing once you have enough traffic to your properties. Say, a website. You’re already able to do data analysis with AI platforms online.
- Voice generation: Ahh…want to deploy some slides as videos, but your English is not quite up to it? Some of the new AI tools for audio (think of https://uberduck.ai/) are amazing!
And this is just a super short list. There are dozens of other use cases for AI that can make your days more productive. And, therefore, hopefully more relaxing.
Remember doing more stuff just for the sake of being able to make more stuff is not a good idea.
So, if you’ve never tried any of these tools, here’s the smart way to go about it.
Getting started with AI tools
I always say “being able to figure out stuff” is the most important soft skill of the future.
The way to figure it out goes like this – a simple 3-step process:
- Spend a good while googling for “ai based content” generation tools. Make a list of all the ones that could potentially fit into your unique workflow.
- Put aside a little experimentation budget and go for the ones you find as most promising. Most tools offer a free trial anyway. So just make sure you have blocked time for your creative efforts during the week after registering!
- Finally, take a course on AI related tools. Yes, despite the whole landscape being so young, you can already find courses on using these tools online. Investing in your own education, if you have the money, is the best investment. It saves you a lot of headache and provides that rare real-world shortcut by saving you time.
These things are here to help you, not replace you.
So might as well let them, no?
What’s Next for the AI-Creator?
There’s no question about it.
And it’s not going to take 10 more years.
The hype is real this time.
AI will play a massive role in the workflows of the most prolific creators already this year. And it’s going to be able to handle much more than just content creation sooner than we may think.
It’ll automate a lot of the repetitive work that normally would have required specialised skills.
Learn to use it now, and you’ll free up time and energy for what fulfils and is meaningful to you.
It’s the shortest way to take your game to the next level this year!
But as always, you have to take action, consistently.
Throw away doomscrolling and get obsessed with creating more and better content.
See you next week!