I don’t follow politics too much.
But it’s impossible to avoid it completely. The recent elections in Finland have made half of the nation mad (“the wrong people” won of course), and it’s been a true eye-opener to witness how some people have trouble looking at the world from other angles than their own.
But it also led me to think once again how it’s so incredibly useful to sometimes just acknowledge there are multiple ways to accomplishing anything.
Your way of thinking about the world is not the only one.
So…just 15 minutes ago I sat outside and ranted to https://audiopen.ai/ about the difficulty of giving a definite blueprint to achieving any meaningful goal.
And here’s the rundown…
Forging Your Unique Path to Success
Ask 100 millionaires how they succeeded, and they will all share a different story.
Ask 100 chefs how to cook the perfect steak, and they will all have their own method.
Ask 100 painters how they create masterpieces, and…well you know it.
There’s no perfect way to do a thing. There are recipes – of course – methods that generally take you in the correct direction.
But there is no blueprint that teaches you your way.
Your way is out there somewhere, to be discovered by you.
And having an open mind is the key to finding it.
Let’s ask GPT-4 what are the benefits of being open-minded. I’m picking just the relevant results below:
Being open-minded can significantly contribute to success in various aspects of life. Here are some specific benefits:
- Embrace Change: Being open-minded allows you to embrace change more readily. In a fast-paced world where trends and technology are always evolving, adapting to new situations is a crucial trait for success.
- New Opportunities: Open-mindedness can lead to the discovery of new opportunities. By being willing to explore different perspectives, you may find innovative solutions, new business ideas, or beneficial relationships that others might overlook.
- Better Decision Making: Being open to different perspectives can enhance your decision-making skills. Considering all possibilities helps you make well-informed decisions.
- Learning and Growth: Open-minded people recognize that there’s always more to learn. This growth mindset leads to continuous personal and professional development, which often correlates with success.
- Improved Problem Solving: Being open-minded allows you to see problems from multiple angles. This can lead to more creative and effective problem-solving strategies.
- Resilience: Open-minded people tend to be more resilient because they see failures or setbacks as learning opportunities rather than insurmountable obstacles. They are usually more willing to take calculated risks and learn from their mistakes.
Remember, being open-minded doesn’t mean accepting all ideas uncritically. It’s about being willing to consider different viewpoints and ideas, and then evaluating them based on their merits.
All the benefits above are critical when you’re building something online! When you follow someone else’s tutorials, it makes perfect sense to do so with an open mind capable of adjusting the plans to new environments, tools and ideas.
Your world != the world of whoever created the plans.
Note that this is not criticism of courses. Hell, I’m selling one myself! I love courses.
But you’ll get more out of them when you consume them ready to adapt their contents when necessary.
Using a political meme to illustrate the point, don’t be this guy:
Don’t build your life according to someone else’s blueprint; instead find a path that works for you uniquely well by combining diverse skills and interests along with experimenting with different methods.
So explore! Try new things!
Forge your own path without being a ‘direction brain’, blindly following someone else’s route.
Recap of The Box this Week:
- Test everything
- Combine all what works
- Double down and own the sweet spot
Catch you here again next week!